It was a good week to be a Chicago Mustangs fan. On Wednesday the PASL announced that Chicago would host the Ron Newman Cup Championship on March 15-16. As the only undefeated team in North America, the Mustangs receive an automatic berth into the semifinals.
A weekend road trip to Pennsylvania provided another test in league play with a pair of games against the Harrisburg Heat. The Mustangs (12-0) continued to roll on the field, winning both games handily.
Bryan Moya led the Chicago offense by scoring 7 goals in the two games. Miguel Vaca (6 goals) and team-leading scorer Efrain Martinez (5 goals) also contributed in the pair of victories.
With just four remaining regular season games, the Mustangs could be on their way to an undefeated season. Chicago play at Tulsa (1-11) on Friday before finishing their weekend in Wichita (6-6) on Saturday. The B-52’s-Mustangs game will also serve as a U.S. Open Cup quarterfinal.
January 24-26 MISL results:
- Baltimore Blast 10, Syracuse Silver Knights 5
- Missoouri Comets 26, St. Louis Ambush 2
- Rochester Lancers 24, Pennsylvania Roar 8
- Baltimore Blast 17, Rochester Lancers 2
- Milwaukee Wave 21, St. Louis Ambush 9
- Syracuse Silver Knights 24, Pennsylvania Roar 13
- Chicago Mustangs 13, Harrisburg Heat 7
- Bay Area Rosal 8, Turlock Express 7
- Chicago Mustangs 12, Harrisburg Heat 5
- Dallas Sidekicks 15, Texas Strikers 3
- Detroit Waza Flo 6, Cincinnati Saints 3
- Las Vegas Legends 20, Sacramento Surge 1
- San Diego Sockers 12, Rancho Seco de Saltillo 4
- Wichita B-52s 10, Tulsa Revolution 9 (U.S. Open)
- Hidalgo La Fiera ?, Rancho Seco de Saltillo ?
- San Diego Sockers 8, Monterrey Flash 6
- Toros México 20, Sacramento Surge 6