Las Vegas jumped on the Sockers immediately and led 4-1 after one quarter. The Legends held a 7-1 lead at one point before San Diego fought back with five unanswered goals. Two late third quarter goals by the Legends reclaimed command and a 9-6 lead going into the final quarter. Each team scored three in the final 15 minutes, two while San Diego played with a 6th-attacker.
With four-time U.S. Open winner San Diego Sockers being knocked out of the tourney, there will be a new first-time champion. 2012-13 champion Detroit Waza Flo were knocked out in their opening match against Harrisburg. Just one amateur club remain in the tourney. South Central Qualifier winner Austin FC defeated Texas Strikers 6-4 on January 3. The quarterfinal opponent for Austin FC will be La Fiera.
- Turlock Express 6, Ontario Fury 6; OT
- Wichita B-52s 4, Tulsa Revolution 2
- Bay Area Rosal ?, Ontario Fury ?
- Chicago Mustangs 13, Illinois Piasa 1
- Cincinnati Saints 9, Harrisburg Heat 6
- Cleveland Freeze 14, Detroit Waza Flo 11
- Dallas Sidekicks 15, Texas Strikers 1
- Hidalgo La Fiera 9, Rancho Seco de Saltillo 1
- Las Vegas Legends 12, San Diego Sockers 9 (U.S. Open)
- Tulsa Revolution 6, Tulsa Tea Men 2 (U.S. Open)
- Detroit Waza Flo 12, Harrisburg Heat 5
- Monterrey Flash 11, Hidalgo La Fiera 6
- Toros México 10, Las Vegas Legends 7