|Carlos Munoz – Photo from https://twitter.com/MilwaukeeWave|
After an exciting week of indoor action in MISL Soccer and PASL, it is time to sort out the top 10 teams in North America. The Milwaukee Wave held the top spot in the rankings last week without playing a home game, winning their first three on the road.
Saturday marked the home opener for the Wave, who had an announced crowd of 5,632. For most of the match it look like it would not hold on to that top spot, as the Baltimore Blast arrived to Milwaukee with revenge on their minds. A 8-0 Wave victory on November 23 was a blow to the defending MISL champs, who were celebrating that championship in their season home opener.
Baltimore scored first 16 seconds into the game, a goal by Stephen ReDoux. At the 4:50 mark the Blast scored again, the first of two goals by Max Ferdinand, and crowd was silenced early. After Max Munoz scored for the Wave, the scoreboard read 4-2 at the end of the first quarter.
The second and third quarters were dominated by Baltimore, who held a 10-2 lead with 1:15 left before the final frame. A second Munoz goal (3-pointer) just before the break gave life to the Wave and their supporters making the score 10-5. Fourth quarter goals from Giuliano Oliviero (PK) and Judson McKinney (3-pointer) tied the game at 10-10 with over nine minutes remaining.
With the game looking like it was headed for overtime, Munoz completed his hat trick with the game winner just 20 seconds before the final whistle.
December 6-8 results:
- Rochester Lancers 11, Pennsylvania Roar 2
- Milwaukee Wave 12, Baltimore Blast 10
- Detroit Waza Flo 9, Illinois Piasa 5
- Hidalgo La Fiera 14, Texas Strikers 3
- Las Vegas Legends 14, Sacramento Surge 6
- Chicago Mustangs 13, Detroit Waza Flo 9
ISN NORTH AMERICA INDOOR SOCCER POWER RANKINGS:
- Milwaukee Wave (4-0) – defeated Baltimore
- Syracuse Silver Knights (4-0) – idle
- Las Vegas Legends (6-0) – defeated Sacramento
- Monterrey Flash (6-0) – idle
- Hidalgo La Fiera (5-1) – defeated Texas